High School #6 Design UpdatesArchitect: PBK Architects
Civil Engineering: Cunningham Allen
MEP Engineering: LEAF Engineers
Structural Engineering: Dunaway Associates
Sports Venue Design: PBK Sports
Landscape Architect: Coleman & Associates
Technology: LEAF Engineers
Food Service: FDP
Building Envelope: BEAM Professionals
Theater: Teqniqal Systems, LLC
Construction Manager: American Constructors
Geotechnical Engineer: Langerman Foster Engineering
Commissioning Agent: DBR Engineering
Current Phase: Construction
February 26, 2021
- Construction progress has halted the week of 02/15-02-19 due to winter storm.
- Press box foundation installation has commenced.
- Metal panel installation has commenced.
February 12, 2021
- Post-tensioned tennis court concrete slab installation has commenced.
January 8, 2021
- Precast concrete fence installation is ongoing.
December 11, 2020
- Ball field concession restroom building has commenced.
November 20, 2020
- Casework installation has commenced.
- Sports lighting installation has commenced at ball fields.
November 6, 2020
- Batting cage structure installation has commenced.
October 30, 2020
- Clay masonry veneer installation has commenced.
October 2, 2020
- Stadium expansion first plan review response was submitted to the City of Killeen.
- Exterior wall base flashing installation has commenced.
September 25, 2020
- Main entrance glulam beam installation is ongoing.
September 18, 2020
- MEP rough-in is ongoing.
September 4, 2020
- Window frame installation has commenced.
- Light fixture installation has commenced.
- Stair framing installation is ongoing.
August 28, 2020
- Ceiling grid installation has commenced.
- Framing installation is ongoing.
August 14, 2020
- CMU installation has commenced.
August 7, 2020
- Central on-site drive forming and reinforcing.
- Window wood blocking and flashing installation is ongoing.
- Acoustic roof deck installation has commenced.
July 24, 2020
- Application of fireproofing spray has commenced.
- Mechanical duct and overhead electrical conduit installation is ongoing.
June 26, 2020
- Geothermal well drilling is wrapping up, headers and lateral line installation has commenced.
- Area F second floor slab on deck concrete has been poured.
- Stud framing and door frame installation has commenced
- Parking and drive curb layout and forming has commenced.
- Coordinating Chaparral Road intersection construction with Bell County.
- Exterior sheathing installation has commenced.
June 19, 2020
- Chaparral Road extension construction is ongoing.
- Duct installation has commenced.
June 17, 2020
- City of Killeen Chaparral Road intersection phasing webex meeting took place.
June 12, 2020
- Earthwork is ongoing.
- Site utility installation is ongoing.
- Retaining walls footing installation is ongoing.
- Grade beam and slab installation is ongoing.
May 1, 2020
- Tilt wall layout, forming, and erection is ongoing.
- Steel erection has commenced.
April 3, 2020
- Tilt wall layout has commenced.
March 27, 2020
- Geothermal well drilling has commenced.
February 28, 2020
- Building plumbing-underground installation has commenced.
- Grade beam installation is scheduled to start today.
February 21, 2020
- Retaining wall footing installation is ongoing.
- Pier installation is ongoing.
February 12, 2020
- Full building permit received today.
January 23, 2020
- Site athletics DD review meeting took place today.
December 10, 2019
- Cunningham-Allen met with City of Killeen today to review LDP comments.
November 18, 2019
- Earthwork commenced today.
November 15, 2019
- KISD provided American Constructors with Notice to Proceed.
- PBK, American Constructors, and KISD attended the City of Killeen CPR meeting on 11/13/19.
November 11, 2019
- Site package GMP approved by KISD Board of Trustees.
November 6, 2019
- Bid Day occurred at American Constructors office today.
November 1, 2019
- Addendum 2 was issued 10/25/2019.
- Addendum 3 was issued 10/20/2019.
October 18, 2019
- Groundbreaking ceremony will take place on 10/24/2019.
- Site package addendum is scheduled to be issued 10/25/2019.
October 11, 2019
- Cunningham-Allen met with the City of Killeen 10/10/2019 to review outstanding site development issues.
September 27, 2019
- Initial plan review comments received from the City of Killeen 09/19/2019.
- Building package issued to American Constructors 09/20/2019.
September 13, 2019
- 90% page turn review took place 09/04/2019.
- Plat approved by KISD Board of Trustees 09/10/2019.
- North road MOU approve by KISD Board of Trustees 09/10/2019.
- Land disturbance permit and site utilities permit plan review responses are pending from the City of Killeen.
August 30, 2019
- Site package bids were due to American Constructors on 08/29/2019.
- Construction Documents 90% page turn review with Killeen ISD is scheduled for 09/04/2019.
August 23, 2019
- Site package addendum 1 was issued to American Constructors 08/21/2019.
August 13, 2019
- KISD Board of Trustees approved the Task Request with DBR Engineering Consultants Inc.
- KISD Board of Trustees approved amending the contract with PBK Architects, Inc. for Civil Engineering fees for design services related to an intersection and street on Chaparral Road.
August 9, 2019
- Construction Documents 90% page turn review is scheduled for Wednesday, 08/28/2019.
August 2, 2019
- Site package pre-submission City of Killeen CRP meeting took place Wednesday 07/31/2019.
- Site package was issued to American Constructors on 07/31/2019.
- 90% Review drawings hard copies were delivered to KISD on 08/01/2019.
July 26, 2019
- Site package will be submitted for permit and issues for bidding next week.
- Construction Document 90% page turn review with Killeen ISD is scheduled for Wednesday, 08/28/2019.
July 19, 2019
- Departmental review with Fine Arts, Food Service, and Athletics were held 7/17/2019.
July 12, 2019
- North road review meeting held with City of Killeen Public Works Department on 06/24/2019.
May 31, 2019
- City of Killeen plat review comments were received on 5/30/2019.
- Updated 75% drawings will be delivered Wednesday or Thursday next week.
May 23, 2019
- 75% drawings will be distributed electronically today. KISD requested one full-size set, which will be delivered by the middle of next week.
May 17, 2019
- Cunningham- Allen submitted Plat Application on 5/8/2019.
- KISD district standards review meeting with PBK and American Constructors took place on 5/13/2019.
May 3, 2019
- KISD selected site option three including a private drive in the north ROW and modifying the existing Chaparral Road curve into a tee intersection.
April 23, 2019
- HS #6 review page turn meeting with PBK and KISD Facilities.
April 17, 2019
- City of Killeen Chaparral Road and site development meeting took place at 2:00 PM.
April 10, 2019
- Fine Arts acoustic/ AV review meeting took place at 9:00 AM
April 9, 2019
- Academic programming visioning meeting took place at 1:00 PM.
April 5, 2019
- Atmos Energy natural gas service meeting took place at 10:00 am.
March 29, 2019
· Second finishes review meeting with Dr. Craft and staff took place on 3/22/2019.
· Fine Arts Acoustic/AV review meeting with BAi scheduled for April 10th at 9:00 am.
March 8, 2019
· KISD / Bell County / City of Killeen / City of Harker Heights meetings regarding Chaparral Road took place on 12/7/17, 5/30/18, 8/8/18, 11/28/2018, 01/23/2019, and 01/31/2019 and 2/27/2019.
· American Constructors budget review meeting took place 3/6/2019 at 4:30pm.
February 15, 2019
· Preliminary finishes review meeting with PBK and KISD Facilities.
February 12, 2019
· Killeen City Council approved zoning change.
· KISD Board of Trustees approves DBR Engineering as the Commissioning Agent for KISD HS #6
February 1, 2019
- Construction Document 25% review compiled and submitted to KISD and American Constructors for review on Thursday 01/31/2019.
- PBK Sports / Killeen ISD Athletics review meeting took place at KISD Facilities conference room.
- Killeen ISD / City of Killeen / Bell County / City of Harker Heights Chaparral Road meetings took place on 12/7/17, 5/30/18, 8/8/18, 11/28/18, and 1/23/2019
- School Nutrition design review meeting took place 01/24/2019
- American Constructors / PBK / Cunningham Allen Chaparral Road rough order of magnitude cost estimate sent 1/18/2019
January 11, 2019
- Second draft Geotechnical report was issued 01/08/2019
- Fine Arts meeting with Theater Consultant (Erich Friend, Teqniqal) took place Monday 12/10/2018
- Geotechnical report draft review meeting took place Tuesday 12/11/2018
- On site test pits were excavated Tuesday 12/11/2018, facilitated by American Constructors
November 30, 2018
- KISD / Bell County / City of Killeen / City of Harker Heights meeting regarding Chaparral Road took place on 12/7/17, 5/30/18, 8/18/18, and 11/28/2018
November 16, 2018
- Design Development department review meetings took place 11/15/2018
November 2, 2018
- Killeen ISD requested revised animation was sent 11/01/2018
October 9, 2018
- Board of Trustees approve the Schematic Design for High School #6.
- Mid Schematic Design presentation to Board of Trustees took place 9/18/2018
- Construction Manager kick-off meeting with American Constructors took place 9/19/2018
September 14, 2018
- Schematic Design department follow up meetings took place 9/7/2018
- Schematic Design presentation to KHS staff and student body representatives took place 9/10/2018
September 11, 2018
- KISD Board of Trustees approved the proposed Construction Manager at Risk rank order, with American Constructors as the top ranked Construction Manager.
- Mechanical systems introduction meeting took place 8/31/2018
- KISD stakeholders met with PBK for departmental space programming review.
- Design review meeting with PBK and KISD Facilities.
- KISD committee gathered and ranked the Construction Manager at Risk proposals.
- A general design direction was established and approved by the charrette committee
- Schematic Design department meetings took place 8/21/2018
- City of Killeen project introduction meeting took place 8/22/2018
August 10, 2018
- Developing floor plans and site plans for the Schematic Design department meetings.
July 27, 2018
- Programming sessions were conducted on July 11th & 12th
- Design charrette was conducted July 23rd-25th
- A general design direction was established and approved by the charrette committee
July 25, 2018
- KISD met with PBK for High School #6 design charrette recap.
July 23, 2018
- KISD publicly issued a Request for Proposals for Construction Manager at Risk services.
- KISD met with PBK for High School #6 design charrette.
July 12, 2018
- PBK met with KISD stakeholders at Killeen High School to discuss High School #6 space programming.
July 11, 2018
- PBK met with KISD stakeholders at Killeen High School for High School #6 departmental space programming review.
July 10, 2018
- KISD Board of Trustees approved the contract with PBK Architects for Architectural and Engineering services for HS #6.
June 12, 2018
- KISD Board of Trustees approved Construction Manager at Risk as the project delivery method.
- KISD Board of Trustees approved PBK Architects as the Architect for HS #6.
- KISD Board of Trustees approved Langerman Foster Engineering as the Geotechnical and Materials Testing Engineer for HS #6.
June 1, 2018
- KISD meets with PBK for the Architect and Engineer project kick off meeting.